Is Boewulf what I need?

Victor Ortega vor+ at pitt.edu
Wed May 17 10:16:06 PDT 2000

A beowulf cluster will serve your needs fairly well, but ONLY if you
also install MOSIX.  MOSIX provides automatic process migration and
load balancing in a beowulf cluster.  Check out their web site at
www.mosix.cs.huji.ac.il.

But the answer to your question is no: any SMP machine with lots of
processors will serve your needs, and thus you don't NEED a beowulf
cluster.  The cluster is only a cost-effective option.

Victor