Mosix and vmware combo(no fries thanks)

Gregory R. Warnes warnes at biostat.washington.edu
Mon May 15 21:14:09 PDT 2000

At a gathering of system adminstrators this past thursday, we bounced this
sort of idea around.  Two points:

First, since VMWare requires a kernel module, I don't think that the
VMWare sessions can be migrated. (Although I'd dearly love to be proven
wrong.)

Second, you can choose whether to have VMWare run under NT and host Linux,
or under Linux and host NT.  Either way you should be able to migrate
linux processes around.  In addition, since VMWare has a full screen mode,
it seems possible to do this in "stealth" fashon, by running Linux as the
base OS, and then NT in VMWare in full screen mode.  Any user loggin in
would only see NT, even though the system is fully available for Mosix
underneath...

-Greg