Take any two: motherboard performance, compatibility, value

Paul Lu paullu at cs.ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 28 14:50:39 PDT 2000

Hello:

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 03:16:22PM -0400, Josip Loncaric wrote:
> About the only remaining option are
> ServerWorks chipsets (used by Supermicro Super 370DLE), but I do not
> know if anyone has made them work with Linux.

Well, the new Compaq ProLiant (DL360, DL580) servers appear to be based
on the same (family of) ServerWorks chipsets (see
	http://www.serverworks.com/news/press/000606.html
)
and Compaq explicitly lists RedHat 6.2 as being supported on the new ProLiants.

Also, a quick grep through the kernel 2.4.0-test2 source indicates that
there are the "proper" constants defined for this chipset.

But, all this is no substitute with hands-on experience.

Does anybody have any Linux experience with this chipset and/or these
motherboards and especially with respect to 64-bit/66 MHz PCI performance?

Thanks,

	...Paul