MPI/Fortran programming problems

Alex Harford alexh_00 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 28 12:17:15 PDT 2000

I'm running into a strange error with a Fortran program that I'm running on
our cluster.

It's spitting out:

Sending bcast
8 - MPI_BCAST : Message truncated
[8]  Aborting program !
[8] Aborting program!
p8_3396:  p4_error: : 14
rm_l_8_3397:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2
P4 procgroup file is procgroup.

(The first and last lines are my own debugging info)

The line of offending code is this:

call mpi_bcast(phis,25326,MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)

This next line works (yes, I know it's a send, but an mpi_bcast of this
array works as well)

call mpi_send(omegs,8442,MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION,j,1,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)

This only happens on large bcast sizes.  It barfs on a MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION
of size 25326, but works ok on something on a double precision array of
8442.  Very puzzling.  I've tried doing mpi_send, but it just hangs instead.
  The arrays are declared properly, and the sizes are correct.

Any ideas?

Alex