SMP robustness

Greg Lindahl glindahl at hpti.com
Mon Jul 24 10:05:45 PDT 2000

> This is not the case with the Origin 2000. The O2000 will shutdown
> problem processors and continue running.

m-e-m-o-r-y c-o-r-r-u-p-t-i-o-n. The building block is a 2 cpu board with
memory on it. The failure you describe it recovering from is only one of
many failures; most of them take the machine out.

> There are a number of Origin Issues (pricing, performance, etc) but
> reliability and failover have not been problems in my three years of
> Origin Admin.

You should get on a mailing list listing downtime and repairs for a large
O2k, like the ones at NASA Ames.

-- g