PVM and MPI interna

Sebastian Wenner Sebastian.Wenner at web.de
Sun Jul 16 23:57:59 PDT 2000

Hi !

I'm writing a diploma thesis about Linux Clusters which includes PVM and MPI.

Has someone links to some sites where the internas of PVM and MPI are explained ? I have only 10 weeks for the whole thing so there's no time to read and understand (!) the source code of these two.

Or could someone of you explain in short words how the thing works (-> job distribution, synchronisation, differences between the two, ...)

TIA

Sebastian Wenner

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."  --Mitch Radcliffe