Why no rlogin to nodes?

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Wed Dec 13 08:35:55 PST 2000

Jag,

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Jag wrote:

> Thanks for the code.  Is there any way we can see the latest that Scyld
> has done towards their 2.0 release?  Maybe something akin to Red Hat's
> Rawhide.  I'm setting up a small cluster that isn't expected to go into
> production use for a while and wouldn't mind trying to get some of the
> newer stuff you guys are working on to work on the cluster.

Three ways to see the cutting-edge from Scyld:

	* Come work for Scyld!

	* Purchase a support subscription from Scyld or demand
	  Scyld from your vendor/system integrator.

	* Wait! :)

As a member of the product team, I feel the preview release has
pretty good quality for a beta and we have received a lot of valuable
feedback from it -- and few showstoppers.

We're working hard on a couple of things with respect to the preview ;
preparing the next release of our software and springing a new operating
model for cluster computing on the world (as embodied in the preview).

This means that for right now we have to focus on exposing the preview
release to the widest possible audience. Given finite resources, we
can't also maintain a 'rawhide' or 'rough cuts' program at this time.

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation