Serverworks chip sets

Ray Muno muno at aem.umn.edu
Mon Dec 11 09:41:34 PST 2000

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 06:14:20PM +0100, Steffen Persvold wrote:
> Ray Muno wrote:
> >
> > We are currently looking at different ServerWorks based boards for dual
> > CPU cluster nodes.
> >
> > Is the STREAM info available for different boards?
> >
> > We have access to 3 different ServerWorks machines right now, a 370DER HE-SL,
> > an Intel STL2 (LE) and a Dell Poweredge 1400 (SE).
> I don't think there is anything called a Serverworks SE chipset, DELL
> must have misstyped it. The types I know of is HE, HE-SL, LE and WS
> (which I actually think is the HE-SL),

Sorry, early morning typo.  The Dell box is an LE chipset.

Has anyone seen docs for the HE-SL chipset that is being used for these
boards that are starting to show up, e.g SuperMicro 370DER? ServerWorks
only has public docs for the HE, LE and WS.  The HE-SL seems to have
similarities to both the HE and WS.  The WS has support for AGP which
the others do not.  The only machine that I have ever seen that claims
a WS chipset is the Intergraph ZX10 that SGI is now selling.

The biggest similarity between the WS and HE-SL is that they both seem
to support 2-way interleaving whereas the HE supports 4-way.

 Ray Muno                           http://www.aem.umn.edu/people/staff/muno
 University of Minnesota                          e-mail:   muno at aem.umn.edu
 Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics               Phone:     (612) 625-9531
 110 Union St. S.E.		                     FAX:     (612) 626-1558
 Minneapolis, Mn 55455