[yellowfin] GNIC II Driver

shreenivasa HV shreenihv@hotmail.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:59:33 -0500

Hi,
I was trying to install the Packet Engines GNIC-II gigabit ethernet card
onto some of my Linux systems. I am running Redhat Linux 7.0 with kernel
version 2.2.16. The systems are P-III 600MHz. I have connected two systems
which have the GNIC-II cards to each other through a cross-over
optical-fibre cable. I downloaded the driver available from the Scyld site -
http://www.scyld.com/network/modules.html and exactly followed the
instructions. Also I inserted the PCI-SCAN and HAMACHI modules.

When I try to ping one machine from another after 15 pings the ping
program hangs consistently. In each machine I have added a static route to
the other machine as the IP gateway.
I even tried to ssh between them, but that again hangs during log on. It
seems like only the first few packets go through.
After some time the receiving end starts showing this error message.

"eth1: Hamachi transmit timed out, status 00003803"

Has anyone had any similar problems and does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks,
Shreeni.