Horrific performance and stability problems

Gary Jackson bargle@umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Nov 3 11:18:48 1999

I'm having a lot of problems with the v0.14 driver for the GNIC-II
card.  With nttcp, I'm getting 4-6Mbits accross the network (both
accross a PowerRail 2200 and back to back).  These errors appear on
the console, and in /var/log/messages:

kmem_free: Either bad obj addr or double free (objp=cf27a000, name=size-2048)

The nodes eventually crash (but have been pretty stable when I haven't
been pushing the NICs).

The nodes are dual processor running Redhat 6.0 with SMP kernel
v2.2.12.

I've tried increasing the value of max_interrupt_work, but that hasn't
alleviated the problem.  For now, I'm going to try with kernel
v2.2.13, and with the normal ethernet interface (3COM 3c980) driver
loaded as a module.

Any help rendered is greatly appreciated.

--
					Gary Jackson
					bargle@umiacs.umd.edu