GigabitEthernet on Linux

Andreas Ott andreas@corp.home.net
Fri Feb 19 15:08:28 1999

Hello,

I am currently comparing various options for GE cards into our lab
environment. Our primary focus would be load and traffic generation for
testing other GE products, such as routers or switches. One of our
operating systems of choice is Linux, others might be *BSD*/Solaris/IRIX.

Is there any kind of data vailable that speaks of the performance of the
Yellowfin/Hamachi cards with Linux ? We are planning to run the test using
the netperf tool from http://www.netperf.org/ .

Also, I would like to know if there is an archive of the mailing list
'yellowfin@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov' available somewhere ? Apparently, the
majordomo does not keep an index.

|Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:59:43 -0500
|To: andreas@corp.home.net