[vortex] Need newest drivers for 3com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC (3C905B-TX)

Martin d Anjou point14 at magma.ca
Tue Feb 28 05:52:34 PST 2006

>>  lspci -vvv
>>  ifconfig
>>  ethtool -i eth0
>
> ... and the most important one is missing: mii-tool or mii-diag for
> determining the link speed. ethtool support was added to the driver only
> relatively recently and I don't know if SuSE 9.3 has it...

What do you mean by "relatively recently"? For my information, what is the
latest driver anyway? The src I have is showing:
#define DRV_NAME        "3c59x"
#define DRV_VERSION     "LK1.1.19"
#define DRV_RELDATE     "10 Nov 2002"

This is what came with my kernel (2.6.14-gentoo-r5), is there a newer
latest version somewhere else?

Thanks,
Martin