[vortex] Need newest drivers for 3com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC (3C905B-TX)

River Karl riverkarl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 19:34:27 PST 2006

        I recently installed Suse Linux 9.3 Professional and I am very new
to the Linux OS. I have a 3com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC
(3C905B-TX) network card installed on my computer, but I am unable to get on
the internet. The card also shows up on my router with an orange indicator
light while my other computers show up as green. This indicates that my
computer is connecting at 10 mbps, but it always connected at 100 mbps with
Windows and the internet would run fine. Also, the card is currently showing
up as a 3C905B and not a 3C905B-TX like it did with windows. The hardware
module currently loaded for it is 3C59x. I have heard the solution to this
problem is getting the latest drivers for this card. Could you tell me where
I could get the latest drivers for this card and how I would install them.

-River K.