[vortex] Linu Up Trigger by Vortex Driver

Ranjitsinh Wable wable at samsung.com
Thu Jun 16 22:50:11 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to get the Media Link Up/Down trigger from the ethrnet driver. Linux version 2.4.20.

I am using the 3c59x driver for the same. It calles the linkif_carrier_on/off functions based on the media status so its good for the checking media status periodically. The timer to check it is 60 seconds. I found that the code checks the media status bit and then decide the link state.

Providing hook in the linkif_carrier_on/off I get the status update periodically. But instead of geeting the perodic status can I get the trigger when exact the link changes? While setting the bit for the media status. I could not find the function for the same.

If anyone has the idea about how to get trigger kindly reply it will be helpful to me.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Wable