[vortex] Two quick questions...

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Aug 16 05:03:39 PDT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Peter Szmrecsanyi wrote:

> Thanks for your reply! The 0x204 flag would never work anyway as it
> tries to force 100BaseTx-FD when the card is only compatible with Half
> Duplex at 100Mbps.

That was just an example based on your failed attempt. The options are
explained in Documentation/networking/vortex.txt in your kernel source
tree.

> When I have more time I'll try passing 0x202 as the third parameter at
> boot up, I just need to figure out what the default values for the
> other cards are so I don't interfere with then.

Try either 0x200 or 0x202 for 10baseT-FD and 4 for 100baseTx-HD.
If you don't specify the option, it should not be passed to the
driver; for example, when you have 3 network cards and only the first
and third ones (eth1) should receive the options, you should specify
something like:

ether=4,,0x202

(the option is missing, but the comma that separates it is present)