[vortex] store-and-forward mode

i4onfmn02@sneakemail.com i4onfmn02@sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:02:01 2003

Hello-
   I seem to be having a bit of trouble with my vortex card.  I'm running
Debian GNU/Linux testing with a 2.4.19-xfs kernel, and my NIC is the 3Com
3C920 that's integrated into my Tyan S2466N-4M motherboard.  Recently,
I've been unable to access said machine remotely.  According to my network
administrators, this is because the 3C920 is known to send corrupt data on
interface shutdown when it's not in store-and-forward mode, which I'd
never heard of before.  This makes some sense, as the network interface is
restarted every hour to renew its DHCP IP lease.  On that note, does
anyone know how to manually turn on store-and-forward mode?

Many thanks in advance.

-- D. Fitzgerald