[vortex] 3c905C-TX : not working in 100Mbps / Full Duplex ?

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Jan 10 08:24:06 2003

On 10 Jan 2003, Emmanuel Viennet wrote:

> Thank you for your answers.
>
> With 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX [Fast Etherlink] (rev 74)
> and corrected EEPROM config, we have no problems auto-negociationg.
> Great !
>
> With newer cards:
> lspci | grep 3c
> 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX [Fast Etherlink] (rev 78)
>
> and module 3c59x Vers LK1.1.16
>
> we can't get a link at 100Mbps/FD (autonegociating
> result no link).

What does 'vortex-diag -eee' report about the settings of the new cards?

> Sorry I can't make more precise tests before monday, but
> I will continue the investigations to solve the  case.
> If I have a more recent version of the driver, I can test it.

mkdir /tmp/netdrivers/
cd /tmp/netdrivers/
ncftpget ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz
tar xfvz netdrivers.tgz
make
make install