[vortex] HELP needed: Cross-over connection to Router not working with 3c509C (Tornado)

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Feb 11 04:11:00 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, [iso-8859-1] Cristian Alonso wrote:

> I hace tried issuing a full reset without much
> success.

Well, too bad... I'm out of ideas now... But I'll let you know if I get a
new one :-)

> By the way,  I added printk around before the RxReset
> line, and noticed it is only called once...

Yes, it's normal. The sequence which contains the RxReset is part of the
initialization of the card and is done only once when the driver is
loaded. There should be another RxReset on an error path, but this should
not happen normally and especially not in your case when the driver is
just loaded.