[vortex] HELP needed: Cross-over connection to Router not working with 3c509C (Tornado)

Cristian Alonso cristiangafotas@yahoo.es
Mon Feb 10 13:03:01 2003

Hi Bogdan.

> issue_and_wait(dev, RxReset|0x04);	in the kernel
> 3c59x.c or
> outw(RxReset | 0x04, ioaddr + EL3_CMD); in Donald's
> 3c59x.c

I hace tried issuing a full reset without much
success. Tried both drivers (Donald's latest and Linux
2.4.20) and still same thing: no answer, no interrupts
received. Tried with different masks (appart with
0x04), ifconfig eth0 down, rmmod'ed 3c59x, insmod'ed
new 3c59x (some printk's to make sure it was the new
one), same thing, no answer.

Anyway, it was worth trying, sounded like a good idea.
By the way,  I added printk around before the RxReset
line, and noticed it is only called once... Is that
usual/normal?  I expected the driver to issue the
reset more than once.

Thanks very much again for your support. Learning a
few cool/interesting things about driver development
in Linux with this (still an ignorant, but less
ignorant than yesterday... ;-))

Still waiting for 3COM's answer.
Regards,
Cristian Alonso Aldama

Yahoo! Móviles
Personaliza tu móvil con tu logo y melodía favorito
en http://moviles.yahoo.es