[vortex] cannot activate eth0 (3c59x [duh]) in RH8.0 dual boo t system

ZIGLIO Frediano Frediano.Ziglio@vodafoneomnitel.it
Mon Feb 3 09:30:01 2003

> On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 04:24, Jordan Weber-Flink wrote:
>
> > Please, advise me. I need to get this network running.
>
> > 3c59x: Donald Becker and others. www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
> > 00:0c.0: 3Com PCI 3c905B Cyclone 100baseTx at 0xd800. Vers
> LK1.1.18-ac
> >  ***INVALID CHECKSUM 0011*** <7>divert: atex
>
> Please download the following file:
>
> ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/nic/3c90x/3c90x2.exe
>
> Unpack to a floppy-disk (it's an self-extracting archive).
>
> Boot from a DOS-system disk. Swap and start the DOS config and
> diagnostic program. 3C90XCFG.EXE. Restore all defaults (plug&play,
> auto-negotiation) and save those to EEPROM.
>
> That should both your inability to negotiate a common linkspeed and
> -duplex and fix your 'INVALID CHECKSUM'-error.

Hi all.

This is the best solution I found and work very good. Used with mii-diag to
set speed and duplex solve all my problems.
However if you set speed/duplex correctly in EEPROM mii-diag do not work
anymore and also network do not run (with or without correct options to
3c59x driver).

I used driver provided with 2.4.20.

bye
  Frediano Ziglio

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."