[vortex] Problem whit an old 3c905B-Tx

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 2 12:25:00 2003

Why do you call it "old" ???

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Alessandro Villani wrote:

>   Moreover, the 3com card speed is always 10Mb instead of 100Mb.

Probably the EEPROM contains a default media of 10baseT half-duplex. You
can check this with 'vortex-diag -ee' but you need to get the DOS based
tool from 3Com (called something like "3c90xcfg.exe") and use it to switch
the default for both speed and duplex to "auto" or "n-way".

>   I've tried with options=4 but the problem was the same (only that if I
>   remove the 3c90x module and reinstall it by hand using ismod than the speed
>   switch to 100Mb ...)

Well, if you use the 3c90x module, things might not work as described in
the documentation for the 3c59x module... If you do want to get some
answers on this list, please use 3c59x.