[vortex] transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

Damir Cosic damir@fatpipeinc.com
Wed Sep 18 15:46:02 2002

Hi everybody,

It seems that this old problem keeps resurfacing. I am using
3c59x.c:v0.99X with 2.2.14 kernel on a box that is configured as a
router with two NICs. I would get this message from time to time during
big amounts of traffic and then card in question would have to be
restarted.

Now with help of ttcp I am able to reproduce it pretty regularly.
Interesting thing is that it runs without problems if there is traffic
in only one direction (that is, running ttcp -r on one side and ttcp -t
on the other), regardless of amount of traffic, but as soon as another
ttcp connection, this time in the opposite direction, is started, driver
starts spitting these messages out.

I don't have enough knowledge or time to debug this by myself, but I
would be more than happy to help with it and provide necessary
information.

Regards,

Damir Cosic