[vortex] Re: Problems with 3c59x driver network adapter stops working

Ruben van der Leij ruben@blacklisted.nl
Wed Nov 6 07:59:01 2002

+++ Bogdan Costescu [06/11/02 12:37 +0100]:

> > It would seem that there's a difference in opinion between the drivers and
> > the cards point of view as to what 'factory defaults' exactly is. :)

s/drivers/windows drivers/

> The driver tries to respect the EEPROM setting.

Your driver does. The equivalent from the evil empire and those made by 3com
don't. Hence the difference in autonegotiation and the claims that 'windows
doesn't give problems'. Heck, windows simply ignores the config in the
EEPROM.

> the feedback that I've got was very low, so I still don't know if it does
> the right thing (as the right thing appears different between real world
> and documentation).

<hides ashamed>

--
Ruben van der Leij

economics, n.:
	Economics is the study of the value and meaning of J.K. Galbraith.
		-- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"