[vortex] Problems with 3c59x driver network adapter stops working

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 5 12:49:07 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> I could try this, but I really would like to debug the problems I have
> and thereby help you to fix the problem if it is a bug in the driver.
> So the above is the last resort I would take.

The suggestion to try different drivers is directed towards finding out if
there is a problem in the driver. There are differences between the driver
distributed with the kernel, the Scyld one and the 3Com one and it might
be that some of these differences are in fact bugs... If they are
pinpointed, they can be fixed or at least documented.

> Thanks for your helpfull comments. I will send you the debug output of
> the "sleeping" machine as soon as the problem happens again.

Only if it's different from the normal state, please.