[vortex] 3com 3c905C & supermicro motherboard

Uncle George gatgul@voicenet.com
Sat Mar 2 13:35:00 2002

Well the 3c905 appears to hose a supermicro SMP motherboard with 2
350mhz pent(s).

The general symptom is that the whole system freezes when i begin my
simple network test
"dd if=/dev/zero | rsh othersys "dd of=/dev/null obs=1k" "

IN general sending data FROM the other ( non-3c905c machine ) does not
get hosed. It is usually fatal when the machine with the 3c905 starts,
that machine freezes in a short while ( i can see that with the 8port
switch when the lights stop blinking. )

At one point the 3c905 shared interrupts with the on-board adaptec
scsiU2 controller. SuperMicro suggests that the kard should have its
very own interrupt. So I put it on its own interrupt, but still it
causes the system to freeze.

Anyone got any experience with 3c905 & motherboard compatability?
/gat