[vortex] WakeOnLan with 3c905C-TX-M

Ing. Simanek Milan zam simanek@fel.cvut.cz
Thu Jun 13 02:45:00 2002

I am trying to power on my PC using WakeOnLan feature, but the lan card
does not receive WOL frames. When I power off computer, all leds on the
card turn off and nothing else happens.

If I cut out the power connector on 3c905 card and plug it in again, the
leds start blinking and then WOL works.

I'm using Linux kernel 2.4.18, mainboard M5ALA with Ali chipset.

I think the problem is related to the initialisation of the pci
southbridge (see previous mail) but the recommended patch is not
applicable because I don't use ACPI but APM. I cannot chooce ACPI because
ACPI linux driver cannot power off my computer (It must use real-mode to
power off).

Does anybody help me?

Milan Simanek