[vortex] 3c59x.c 0.99W 6/5/2002 now available for test

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Jun 5 20:44:01 2002

I've re-worked the Tx-complete handling, along with adding nominal
support for both VLAN and jumbo frames (>2KB).

This release also changes some of the CardBus transceiver control
entries.  I've tested with all CardBus cards that I have handy.

Here is the check-in entry:

3c59x.c:v0.99W 6/5/2002

Nominal support for VLANs and 2KB+ jumbo packets.

When available, use the TxDownComplete bit for scavenging the transmit
done list instead of reading the DownListPtr register.
Emit a Tx done message when enabled.

Corrected accidental 'vdebug' module parameter name change.

Added MODULE_PARM_DESC() entries for comment parameters.

Added  3c1556B mini-PCI, 0x6056 0x10B7

Changed the chip feature enum to add HAS_V2_TX, which indicates Cyclone
and later Tx polling, large MTU support, etc.
Added CapNoTxLength bit for the EEPROM capabilities word.

Added Wn7 symbolic names, including VLAN support registers.