[vortex] 3c905cx-txm

Bartlomiej Zarzecki bz@riz.pl
Thu Jul 4 17:06:01 2002

Hi !

I've just bought few days ago 2 3c905cx-txm. I had no success to make
these cards work under linux.

kernel 2.2.19, 2.2.21-rc1, 2.4.19-rc1

I used driver from these kernels and I tried to compile from the
ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz

My questions is the 3c905cx-tx-* supported with the current driver ?

When I've put a 3c905cx-tx-m it was detected as a Tornado if I remember.
Evrything was looking good - but the card do not wanted to work.
I was only able to ping computers attached to it - ifconfig was reporting
that the macaddress is ff:ff:ff:ff...... - like a broadcast one.

and some other strange messages that there is no link, no MII transciver
etc.

There is a possibility that I had no luck and both of these cards I bought
are just broken - When I put them into a asus TUSL2-C motherboard it do
not want to power on normally.

--
 Pozdrawiam,
 Bartlomiej Zarzecki				bz@riz.pl