[vortex] Question on 3c595-T4 revised

Brooks Rownd bkr@taurus.colorado.edu
Thu Jan 31 03:15:01 2002

> I looked through the archived message subjects but didn't see
> anything that looked promising toward answering this question.
> I'm wondering if anyone here can verify that the 3c59x.c driver
> works well with the 3c595-T4 PCI adapter in full 100base-T4 mode?

  Actually, I should ask more generally:

 a) Does full 100base-T4 mode work on a 3c595-T4 or 3c905-T4 using 3c59x.c?

 b) Does full 100base-T4 mode work on a 3c905-T4 and/or 3c905b-T4 using
a 3c90x driver from 3Com?  (one driver claims the 3c905b-T4 works)

 c) More generally, does anybody know of any specific 100base-T4 cards
which DO work properly in Linux?  I've been Googling all day
and I haven't found a clear answer that any of the 100bT4 cards work.
However, they do seem to be supported in NetBSD.  Is there a way
to use the NetBSD drivers to make the 100base-T4 cards work in Linux?

many thanks,
  brooks