[vortex] 3c905 hanging when network load is high

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 23 13:18:01 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Markus Schaub wrote:

> maggie:# cat /dev/zero > /mnt/file
> -> timeout

> lisa:# cat /mnt/file > /dev/null
> ->timeout

In both these cases, lisa receives data.

> So it couldn`t be the hard disk which is `stealing' interrupts. So is
> the NIC too fast for the whole system (I made a mistake in my first
> mail: it's only a P60)?

Looks like. I don't have much experience with this, the slowest machine
that I had with PCI network cards was running at 200 MHz...