[vortex] Tyan Thunder K7 S2462 Dual 3c59x

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Jan 19 09:04:02 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Donald Becker wrote:

> Hmmm, none of my drivers or diagnostics anticipate a 10 bit address.

OTOH, only the data in the 6-bit address space is really relevant in this
case. So how does an 8-bit EEPROM reacts when it's addressed as a 6 bit
one ?

>From what I've seen in the table from the driver, only the "mobile" cards
have flags for special EEPROM handling. What's so special about these
cards to require bigger EEPROMs ?

> The code is
> 	outw(0x5555, ioaddr + Wn0EepromData);
> 	if (read_eeprom(ioaddr, 6, 0) != 0x5555) {

Yup, but I was talking about the "else" branch of this "if" where the
distinction is made again between 6 and 8 bit.

> Others require unlocking the chip before writing, or even immediately
> before each individual write.

905C seems to fall in the second category (cf. docs).