[vortex] Tyan Thunder K7 S2462 Dual 3c59x

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 16 12:46:02 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Nope. Your utility reported writing the new values, but rerunning with -ee
> shows that only some of the values were changed. Specifically entries 8 to
> 11 and 32 to 35 were changed.

So there is something that makes them act (good or bad) in groups of 4...
Well, this was my last hope. If the EEPROM cannot be rewritten, there is
something wrong hardware-wise.

> Not sure if you saw it, but I tried 3Com's diagnostic as you suggested. It
> would work with the first port but not the second.

Yes, I expected this somehow. Probably the tool does just as vortex-diag
and the driver a check of the supported PCI IDs; in this case it didn't
find any...