[vortex] Tyan Thunder K7 S2462 Dual 3c59x

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Tue Jan 15 20:55:00 2002

With regards to your message at 12:44 PM 1/15/02, Heflin, Roger A.. Where
you stated:
>The Tyan Thunder K7 has 2 built-in 3C982 ports.
>
>The subject Problem with 3c982 Cyclone network card is the problem I am
>having,
>but is on the same motherboard+network interface.
>
>This board is I believe generally used in 1U machines, it has video, and
>dual
>network built in, and has the memory slots at an angle.  It is a dual
>AMD MP760
>chip set board.
>
>We are only using the first interface, but are having some issues with
>speed
>and reliablity on the single interface.

Hi again.
We installed a 3C982 card today on a Tyan TigerMP ( same chipset as Thunder)
It was behaving as you described.
There DOES seem to be some form of incompatibility showing up.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3