[vortex] Question on 3c595-T4

Brooks K. Rownd bkr@taurus.colorado.edu
Thu Feb 7 12:02:36 2002

On Jan 30, 2002 at 03:14PM (-0700), Brooks Rownd said:

> Hello,
>
>   I looked through the archived message subjects but didn't see
> anything that looked promising toward answering this question.
> I'm wondering if anyone here can verify that the 3c59x.c driver
> works well with the 3c595-T4 PCI adapter in full 100base-T4 mode?

  Well, I got my hands on a 3c595-T4 card this week.  I built a
little Debian potato system to test it last night.  The 3c59x driver
did not complain, and seemed to recognize it smoothly.  When first
installing the driver, the list of valid media for the 3c59x driver came
up. 100base-T4 was not listed, as in the 3c59x.c code.  However,
the driver started up successfully anyway.

  10base-T mode worked fine as I installed over the network for an hour.
Since I only have one T4 card I wasn't able to do a real 100base-T4 transfer
test, but when I plugged it into my 100base-T4 hub the link light on
the hub and the "100" light on the card both lit up.  I started pinging,
and the light on the hub blinked, showing activity.  So far so good...
I have 3c905-T4 cards on the way, so I'll be able to do a conclusive
test soon.

brooks