[vortex] problems w/3c59x on 3CCFE575BT

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sun Dec 22 13:58:01 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, dean gaudet wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Donald Becker wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, dean gaudet wrote:
> >
> > > i've got a pccard which identifies itself thusly:
> > >
> > > PRODID_1="3Com Corporation"
> > > PRODID_2="3CCFE575BT"
> > > PRODID_3="LAN Cardbus Card"
> > > PRODID_4="001"
> > > MANFID=0101,5157
> > > FUNCID=6
> > >
> > > if i use the in-kernel cardbus support, and the 3c59x driver, there appear
> > > to be serious autonegotiation problems.  the card receives at an
> >
> > What is the driver detection message?
>
> 3c59x: Donald Becker and others. www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
> 05:00.0: 3Com PCI 3CCFE575BT Cyclone CardBus at 0x4800. Vers LK1.1.18-ac
>
> that's all i see in the logs...

Here is the problem with the change to the kernel to delete messages:
they didn't get rid of the junk messages, but did delete messages
essential to figuring out how the device is configured.

My recommendation is to not use that driver version, instead using a
version of the driver that reports the device configuration.