[Fwd: Re: [vortex] 3c59x AUI and sockets AF_PACKET]

kernel@itris.fr kernel@itris.fr
Wed Dec 18 03:21:01 2002

> Uhmmm, which NIC are you setting to AUI?  The 3c905 or the 3c900?

The 3c905 and the 3c900 (both)

>It does appear that you have NIC mix-up or a routing proble, not a driver
>problem.

When I use the AF_PACKET socket() , it sends data to the link layer,
(it sends ethernet frames directly), so there is nothing to do with
a routing problem I think.

I am looking for sending ethernet frames (not at the IP level) from one
card to the other (through AUI), and it refuses to open socket AF_PACKET
(level 2), but ifconfig see them all (cards).
So how can we send data through AUI with the 3c59x module  ?

Thanks a lot.