[vortex] 3c59x AUI and sockets AF_PACKET

kernel@itris.fr kernel@itris.fr
Tue Dec 17 04:12:02 2002

Hi,

I have got an important problem to solve :

When I load the 3c59x module with no option, my 2 network cards
are working well with 10baseT, and vortex-diag tells me then :
Transceiver type in use: Autonegociate.

I can open a socket with AF_PACKET level, and bind() works fine !
I can send data to the socket through RJ45.

But, when I load 3c59x with options=1, vortex-diag tells me
Transceiver type in use : AUI10baseFL.

I can configure my 2 network cards with ifconfig.

Everything is ok, but, when i want to open my socket AF_PACKET to
send data to AUI port, bind () returns -1, as though all my interfaces
are ok (ifconfig sees them all).

I would like to send data to AUI, what is the problem ?

Thanks !!

Christophe Baillon