[vortex] Re: Multiple 3c905C cards in machine not working?

Samuel Theller STheller@bledsoebrace.net
Wed Aug 7 10:56:01 2002

I have an issue with machines trying to boot with PXE enabled in the bios. This has caused me to lose a motherboard and a hard drive. This happens maybe once a month. I have to change the bios back to the nic being on without pxe. But, when this happens, there is no recovery meaning the system wont log into the network or is dead. This has happened about six times (all differant machines) in the last two months. Some users shut down normally, others leave there pc's on. It doesnt seem to matter. All my pc's are Dell Optiplex's or Precision Workstations. Could there be an issue with my dhcp server or drive image. I have used drive image pro in the past to rebuild some of these machines and we just migrated to a windows 2000 server for active directory. Clients are running Windows NT 4.0 on Intell pentium 3 motherboards.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Samuel Theller
Bledsoe Brace Systems
972-647-0884 x151
stheller@bledsoebrace.net