[vortex] MTU/VLAN support for 3c59x

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Apr 21 18:46:01 2002

Hi,

There is a patch at:

http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/groups/biocomp/bogdan/tornado/

which adds support for different MTU sizes and VLAN to the 3c59x.c driver
from kernel 2.4.18 (LK1.1.16). I couldn't test the new features apart from
the fact that the driver doesn't oops because I only have one box to play
with at the moment; the functionality for standard MTU seems to remain
unchanged. So those of you brave enough (or forced 8-)) to use it, please
send feedback; only after I get enough good reports I'll think about
implementing the run-time stuff.

And most important: if you have opinions/ideas about the code and/or the
remarks on the web page, please send them to the list.