[vortex] (no subject)

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 17 13:32:01 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Wu Yadong wrote:

> I write a program in linux kernel to test net work device such as firewall ,vpn. This program must generate great net traffic, my net card is 3com 3c905. But when I test a 10M bps hub, too much traffic will cause net card to crash.

With a 10 Mbps hub, you can easily get collisions when several computers
send packets at the same time, so this is not a good testing environment.
You should probably get a switch or connect the source of packets and the
target directly with a crossover cable.

I think that this is not really a vortex specific question, so you might
find better results asking on linux-net mailing list.