[vortex] Strange problem with 3com card

Martin Chantler MC44@acw.co.uk
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:34:00 +0100

Hi all,

I have a 3com officeconnect PCI card which just won't play!
I installed Red Hat 7.1 which didn't automatically assign a kernel
module to it for some reason. Did kudzu detect it I wonder, hmm.
I ran the command that dumps PCI info out and it appeared there
Anyway, I assigned the 3c59x module to it which was already in the
kernel and it locks up (or it waits) forever during system boot up - no
error messages
I noticed if I set the interface protocol from DHCP to 'none' it didn't do
this

I have win98 on the same PC and it works ok there so its not the card

Does anyone have any insight into this problem, I'm a bit stuck!
Can I get an error message from a log somewhere or run any diagnostic tools?

Regards,

MC.
UK