[vortex] Problem with 3c982-TXM card.

Jesse W. Asher jasher1@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:50:40 -0400

--------------18DD072BE50AAB1829EDE718

Apologies.  I've include the output below....

"Jesse W. Asher" wrote:

> Well, I've got a really strange problem with my 3c982-TXM card.  I
> tried to configure the card to do bonding and it got in a wierd
> state.  Here's the output I get when I use vortex-diag.  As you'll
> notice, both node addresses have been changed to FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF!!
> Anyone know how I can reset the card to its original values from
> within linux?  I have a linux box with only a small (15MB0) DOS
> partition on it and the rest is linux so I have to do this using
> linux.  Any ideas??  Thanks!
>
> --
> Jesse W. Asher              jasher1@tampabay.rr.com
> Web Runner, Java Apostle, Perl Enthusiast, and WorldOS Believer
> ***  "Failures in implementing paradigm shifts are mostly due to the
> inability to think in the new paradigm."

#> ./vortex-diag -e
vortex-diag.c:v2.05 5/15/2001 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a 3c982 Dual Port server NIC adapter at 0x5000.
Saved EEPROM settings of a 3Com Vortex/Boomerang:
 3Com Node Address FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF (used as a unique ID only).
 OEM Station address ff:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF (used as the ethernet address).
 Manufacture date (MM/DD/YYYY) 15/31/2027, division =FF, product =FF=FF.
  Vortex format checksum is incorrect (0000 vs. ffff).
  Cyclone format checksum is incorrect (00 vs. 0xff).
  Hurricane format checksum is incorrect (00 vs. 0xff).
Index #2: Found a 3c982 Dual Port server NIC adapter at 0x5080.

"Jesse W. Asher" wrote:

[...]

 Manufacture date (MM/DD/YYYY) 15/31/2027, division ÿ, product ÿÿ.