[vortex] 3c905/905B performance problems

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:58:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Scott Wehrenberg wrote:

>    I've tried numerous configurations in attempts to solve the problem. I
> was recieving the status 82 transmit error on the server so I forced the
> 3c905B on the server into full-duplex, and while the error message
> disappeared the speeds did not improve at all.

You shouldn't force only one end of a link. Either let both ends
autonegotiate (recommended) or force them both (well, that assumes that
the partner can be managed).

What is connecting your network together ?
I'm asking this because you seem to have problems both with the Boomerang:

>    *** Link Jabber! ***
>  Your link partner is generating 100baseTx link beat  (no autonegotiation).

... and with the Cyclone:

>  Your link partner is generating 10baseT link beat  (no autonegotiation).

Sincerely,