[vortex] 3com 900B not working with mandrake 8.0 (kernel 2.4.3)

SYMUL Thomas FTRD/DTD/BAG thomas.symul@rd.francetelecom.fr
Tue, 15 May 2001 19:19:14 +0200

Hi,

I can't manage to make my 3COM 900B card working with mandrake 8.0 ( Kernel
2.4.3).

It seems that the pb comes from the 900B card sharing the same IRQ that my
video card. I've tried to change the IRQ assignation in modules.conf, or
with linuxconf, but it reports me an error during boot time (whatever is the
free irq i try to assign to the ethernet card).

I also tried the 3c90x driver but it neither doesn't work.

What's surprising me is that I never had any problem with 2.2.x Kernels, and
it works fine under win 98.

Thx in advance for your answers ...

Best regards

Thomas Symul