FW: [vortex] Re: 3c59x.c compilation errors.

Frank Ueltzhoeffer frank_ueltzhoeffer@gmx.de
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:43:14 +0100

--On Mittwoch, März 14, 2001 11:22:35 +0100 Remko van der Vossen <remko.van.der.vossen@cmg.nl> wrote:

Hi there,

>> If you have the original 7.0, you will need to update your glibc
>> package, and add
>>   -I/usr/src/linux/include
>> to the compile line.
>
> Ok, I tried this but it doesn't work, I replaced gcc with
> kgcc and included the -I option in the compile statement, but
> I still get the errors, exactly the same errors to be precise.
> I just tried some other stuff, I tried the rpm, and I got
> exactly the same errors, I noticed the the Makefile was smart
> enough to use kgcc when it was around, so I just renamed it
> to a temporary name, and tried to compile it with the gcc
> compiler instead. Now I do get other errors.
> They are:
>   structure has no member named 'tbusy' (struct net_device)
>   structure has no member named 'interrupt' (struct net_device)
>   structure has no member named 'start' (struct net_device)

I now use kernel 2.4.1 (on SuSE 7.1) and have the same problem. (Before I used 2.2.14 an it worked well). I had a look at the included file "netdevice.h" from the kernel's include directory and indeed "struct net_device" does not have the members named above (any more).

Why that ?
And: Could you please let me know if it works with 2.4.2 ?

regards

Frank