[vortex] How to make 3c59x.c work with my (few) changes ?

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:51:32 +1100

Marcus Ramos wrote:

> Thanks for the hints. I am using RH7 with kernel 2.2.16, and in this case
> /usr/src/linux is just a symbolic link to /usr/src/linux-2.2.16.
>
> I did discover my printk messsages in /var/log/messages. What do I have to
> do in order to have my messages displayed on the screen, and not put on a
> file ? As it seems to me now, this policy changes a lot according to the
> version of the kernel. I would be glad for any comment or suggestion on
> that.

Each prink has a priority assiciated with it.  That's what the
KERN_ERR, KERN_DEBUG, etc stuff does.  If the priority number
is greater than then current console_loglevel (lower priority)
then it isn't printed.

You can get everything printed to the console with

	dmesg -n 8