[vortex] Problem with 3com 10/100 Mini PCI adapter(3c556B?)under 2.2.19

Akihiko YAMAMOTO (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXExASScbKEI=?=) star@eos.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:20:55 +0900 (JST)

;; "andrewm>" == andrewm@uow.edu.au (Andrew Morton) wrote:

andrewm> it's the PCI layer's job anyway, and apparently 2.2 kernels
andrewm> don't get it right.

OK.

andrewm> But some engineers from redhat tell me that 2.4 kernels do a
andrewm> better job.  So if your BIOS won't allow you to control the
andrewm> pnp-aware-OS setting then yes, trying 2.4 seems the best
andrewm> choice.

I've just tried it under 2.4.6 kernel using "3c59x" module that came
with the kernel. Unfortunately, 2.4.6 kernel didn't succeed either.
(Successfully initialized adapter in case (a), of course)

andrewm> Another idea would be to use the drivers straight from scyld.com -
andrewm> Donald Becker is an expert on PCI things.  However from my reading,
andrewm> the -Re version of Donald's 3c59x doesn't support the 3c556B:

Sorry for stupid question, but where can I find the -Re version of
Donald's 3c59x driver?

--
Akihiko
star@eos.hokudai.ac.jp