[vortex] Re: VP6 + 3c905 -- any working machines?

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:19:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Sean Tuling wrote:

> mmm,  i am unfortunately using intel pentium ii processors and dell
> optiplex gx1 boxes - supposedly good stuff.

I have no ideea what chipset the Optiplex boxes are based on... Anyway, I
have no other ideea to try... Sorry 8-(

> would using an isa card be
> an option rather than a pci card (i gather the speed may be a problem
> though).

I'm not sure that an ISA card can support 100Mbps and will add a
significant CPU cost for handling... Maybe just running the PCI cards at
10Mbps (which you said that it's fine) would be better.

Sincerely,