[vortex] Re: VP6 + 3c905 -- any working machines?

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:08:39 +0100 (CET)

[ Please note that I removed kragen@pobox.com from the cc: list, I don't
think that these issues are of interest to him. I added instead
vortex@scyld.com which deals with problems for the 3c59x driver. ]

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Sean Tuling wrote:

> i think i have stumbled on a problem (which you seemed to have resolved)
> i am having.  the problem is that i have been not able boot dell
> optiplex gx1 slave nodes reliable with 3com 3c905b-tx-m cards getting a
> pci master bus error.  what gives?

This is not related to the problem that I mentioned in the original
message (CX cards are newer generation than B ones). What are the
symptoms and error messages (taken from logs if possible) ?
(sorry but your description is a bit vague).
What kernel are you using ? Do you boot from the network (NFS-root) ?

Sincerely,