[vortex] Activate debug on 3c59x when not in module (3com 905b)

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:02:48 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Fabien Salvi wrote:

> When I tried some transfers between 2 machines, I have real 100Mbps and
> full-duplex in autonegociate (with a cisco switch), but the real
> bandwidth is 100ko/s !!

How do you know that you have "real 100Mbps and full-duplex" ? How do you
measure the "real bandwidth" ?
Cisco switches tend to create autonegotiation problems.

> There are a lot of collisions.

So, probably you have a mismatch.

> When I use other kernel 2.2.16 or so, I have full speed.

This is weird. Can you be more precise about the kernel version ?

> But the problem is not clear, It happens between some machines and not
> others with same card and same kernel version.

>From http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html, there are 2 programs that
might help you: vortex-diag and mii-diag. I would try first mii-diag,
because I suspect a media mismatch.

Sincerely,